Here is a review of the third-ranked WebTax4U web-base tax preparation software package for Canadian taxes. I gave it a score of 8.0 out of 10.
I've included a screenshot of this program too.
What I Liked About WebTax4U
- it has a clean, uncluttered, well-organized interface with tabs and links that take one directly to all forms and parts of the program; the colours are pleasing and easy on the eyes
- data entry boxes are grouped within the top screen area; I found this program required the least amount of scrolling down
- Help is reasonable though not nearly as extensive as UFile's; links go to CRA pages
- it clearly explained that the $25 student residence Ontario tax credit was only applicable if the school is in Ontario, not the student's home
- price is reasonable at $11.99 for one return and $5.99 for extras; free filing for returns with under $25k of income
- upon entering one T3 slip, it did not offer the opportunity to add another; it was necessary to return to the main menu
- for the tuition amount to transfer, it does not calculate on the spot/screen the maximum amount that can be transferred; instead it says this will be calculated automatically and shows only on the final pdf
- some superficial quality control problems like spelling mistakes e.g. on T3 screen "Instituttion" or on ON479 "Residense"
- speed of screen refresh is slow enough that it is starting to be noticeable