Here is my review of the QuickTaxWeb package that I ranked fourth amongst the Canadian web-based tax preparation packages with a score of 7.5 out of 10.
Have a look at the inserted screen image for QuickTaxWeb.
What I Liked About QuickTaxWeb
- the screen is very clean and attractive; it's easy to navigate, the tab and other links are clear and the whole screen is uncluttered
- the program is very polished and complete, with details such as separate forms for the T2202A Tuition and Education Amounts - no spelling mistakes on this package
- complete and well presented context-sensitive help throughout
- SLOW!! the screens seem to refresh at a crawl; this is a major annoyance and a real customer experience quality issue in my view
- no on-site convenient password recovery mechanism; I forgot my password after over a month of non-use; the only way I managed to sign in again was to phone the customer support line, which did give me the info right away but why can Intuit not create a serve yourself procedure?
- pricing is outrageous at $24.99 and no free returns at all. Actually, there was a free return policy till early April for income under $20k but that has been suspended ... could that have anything to do with trying to alleviate the horrible response time?