- Ontario Securities Commission Investor Warning List
- Alberta Securities Commission Investor Watch page
- Canadian Securities Administrators Disciplined Persons search tool and Cease Trade Orders database covering all provinces
- BC Securities Commission's InvestRight website has a heading Scams in the News on the home page, an Investment Caution List and an Alerts and Watches
- PhoneBusters (sponsored by the RCMP, the Ontario Provincial Police and the Canadian government Competition Bureau) posts more of the "breaking news" type warnings including the dastardly Puppy scam
- Quatloos "A public educational website covering a wide variety of financial scams & frauds"; blog and discussion forum includes a lot of US and international content
- Fraud.org has North American content
Wednesday, 7 October 2009
DIY investors have to be on their toes against scams and frauds, perhaps even more than ordinary advisor-guided investors (though some might want to debate that point). Here are few online sources I've found to help check out current known illegal schemes.
Powered by Forex Pros - The Forex Trading Portal.