Blunt Bean Counter has set off an interesting challenge to raise money for charity. He has challenged bloggers to auction off the opportunity for a winning bidder to write a guest post on their blog. Here goes, count me in.
Here are the rules:
1. I am auctioning off the opportunity to write a guest post here on CanadianFinancialDIY.
2. Bid in confidence to my email account - click on the "Email me" link in the right-hand column.
3. The auction will close on December 16, 2011. I will notify the winning bidder by email ( I will use your email for nothing else than this contest).
4. The winning bidder will be required to send me a copy of a donation receipt, dated between December 17th and December 31st (personal information can be blacked-out) to confirm the donation has been made e.g. using a scanned copy by email will do. Pick any registered charity (no, Greece or Italy are not yet charities) you want. It's easy to donate online, as I wrote about here. This donation will be tax deductible to the winning bidder when the donation is made to a registered charity.
5. For unanimity amongst bloggers, January 17, 2012 be the date all the Blogger for a Day posts are posted.
6. The winner can write a post on any topic (subject to censorship for stuff that is illegal, violent, profane, defamatory, links to naughty or nasty websites etc ... no, smartalec, that doesn't mean you cannot write about the financial industry), although in the spirit of the contest, it would be great if the winning bidder wrote about a charity or charitable experience, e.g. the best and the worst donation you ever made, but that is not a requirement. The guest post cannot be a marketing piece. However, at the bottom of their post, the guest blogger can provide their name, name of their company and a brief description of their company and its products. Alternatively, the guest blogger can remain anonymous.
7. This is an extra rule so that there are seven in all, a much luckier number than six.